Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Story In 6 Simple Words

I read a book last week written by different and random teenagers throughout America.  Each teen tells a story with 6 words.  For example, you may or may not have heard a 6 word story written by Ernest Hemingway called Baby Shoes.  It goes like this, For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn.  In this 6 word story his wife had an abortion.  He didn't come right out and say it, but that's the fun of it. 
But anywayy! So this book was full of 6 word stories written by teenagers.  The book isn't long, it took me like 20 min to read, but it's defiantly worth reading!  It's called I Can't Keep My Own Secrets.

This book inspired me to write some of my own 6 worded stories, along with a few of my friends.  Here are some I wrote, and some from the book that are my favorites:
Dreams too big for this town. -Megan M.
Live in Canada. Not as igloo. -Mackenna C.
Three high school. Only uniforms changed.- Keerthana J.
The keys I have don't fit. -Alicia K.
Iraq doesn't need you. I do. -Alicia Marie S.
Got expelled.  Felt like living again. -Alexis G.
5am. Basketball. Babysit. Volleyball. Ride. Repeat. -Me
Follow your dreams. Not your parents. -Srishti K.
Googled what he called me. Ouch. -Emily L
Said you're sorry, I didn't believe. -Me
YOLO= month gone and still grounded. -Me
Met online; love before first sight. -Chris S.
Honor roll. No friends. "Bright future." -Anne Q.
He holds grudges, she forgives easy. -Me
God has him.  I miss him. -Ashley L.
hair's pink to piss you off. -Stephanie N.
Writes daily. Letters won't reach him. -Me
Tried being reasonable.  Now I'll rebel. -Amanda L.
Swerved off road, but kept driving. -Khalil M.
Only born because older sister died. -Lyra W.
The exits were entrances in disguise. -Shannon b.
I need out of Wisconsin, NOW. -Me
Never met him, but love him. -Grace K.
Laughed at abusers funeral.  Feel guilty. -Ashley P.
You're gone, and I'm still praying. -Jose D.
Met him once, changed me forever. -Juliah D.
Everthings done for that college application. -Elizabeth C.
Thank God I'm an atheist. -Chelsea C.
My mom had my boyfriend deported. -Candra T.
Parents don't approve, I need you. -Me
Guitar string snapped. I kept playing. -?
In the nest, twigs are sharp. -Justin M.
We are banned from Wal-Mart forever. -Kristen S.
We're the family you gossip about. -Steven M.
I lied so you wouldn't worry. -Jordan S.
I'm here because of the scholarship. -Anna M.
Returned home, remembered why I left. -Kendra L.
Too young t o decide for forever. -Kathleen W.
Small town girl, big city dreams. -Sara A.
You wanted me aborted. How sad. -Thaise B.
He's 20, twice jailed, and perfect. -Jasmin M.
I told him everything, big mistake. -?
He proposed. I'm 14. He's 17. -Briana R.
Life of faith, world of sin. -Sarah M.
Stole sign warning not to steal. -Jill D.
Marines are stealing you from me. -Jasmine A.
I wish "Sir" was "dad" instead. -Sarah B.
I'm army boots. Ready for battle. -Amanda L.
Mom just revoked my creative license. -Nur A.
When I jump, no one catches. -Brionna L.
Stillborn baby lost, I found God. -Lydia S.
Friend. Boyfriend. Ex-Boyfriend. Friend. Friend's boyfriend. -Maura M.
One egg. Two girls. Best friends. -Bethany D.

That's all I have for you but feel free to comment with your own 6 worded stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment